Frequently asked Questions
Is my baby automatically entitled to free GP Care
- Your new baby is entitled to a 2 week and 6 week check free of charge by your GP.
- As soon as you have your child’s PPS number, you should apply for their GP Visit Card
- The easiest way to do this is to apply online via Online Application form U6 GP Visit Card
How can I register with Callan Medical Centre
- If you wish to join Callan Medical Centre contact us on 056 7725237
- Panel size permitting, we will organise a first visit for you with our GP
- We will ask you to sign a consent form to have your previous GP records, and medical card (if applicable) transferred to us.
Can I get an Illness Benefit form from my GP
- If you are absent from work through illness or an accident, you may be entitled to receive an Illness Benefit payment from Social Welfare
- You should make an appointment to see your GP in order to obtain an Illness Benefit certificate for this purpose.
- You will find some helpful information on Illness Benefit and other Welfare benefits on MyWelfare.ie
What care am I entitled to during my pregnancy?
- When you first attend your G.P. to confirm your pregnancy, you can sign up to the The Maternity and Infant Care Scheme. This entitles you to 5 visits to your G.P. for pregnancy related issues, which are alternated with your hospital appointments.
- After your baby is born this scheme covers your baby for a 2 week check up with your G.P. and a 6 week check up for both yourself and your baby. Please remember to sign up for your baby’s G.P. Visit card as soon as you have their PPS Number. This will entitle your children under the age of 6 to G.P. visits.
What Services are NOT covered by my Medical Card
- Consultations or reports for legal purposes
- Examinations relating to Insurance policies
- Examinations relating to driving licences
- Pre Employment Examinations
- Examinations for fitness to participate in sports
- Certain childhood vaccines
- Travel Vaccines
- Non Diagnostic blood tests
- Medical Certificates for employment
- GP letters for non medical purposes
- Forms and referrals for non medical procedures
- You can see the full list of what is covered by your medical card here
Do I need to fast for blood tests?
You do not need to fast for ROUTINE blood tests, including Cholesterol and blood sugar levels. There are specific blood tests, which you do need to fast for, but your G.P. will inform you of this before you make your appointment.
Can I get a copy of my Child's Vaccination records?
How do I know what Travel Vaccines I need?
- We carry out a range of travel vaccines here at Callan Medical Centre. Please telephone us in advance and speak with our Practice Nurse, who will talk you through the vaccines required, when you need to have them, and help with any vaccine queries you may have. Please do so well in advance of travel to ensure that we have the vaccines you need in stock.
- A full list of countries and vaccines required for travel to these countries is contained here
Can I use my EHIC (E111) form to visit a G.P.
- The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC or E111) card will allow you to visit a G.P. if you are on holidays or staying in Ireland for a period less than 3 months.
- You will need to produce a valid EHIC card in order for this to cover the cost of your G.P. visit
Your Data Protection
- A General Practice is a trusted community governed by an ethic of privacy and confidentiality. Our practice policy is consistent with the Medical Council guidelines and the privacy principles of the Data Protection Regulations.
- This practice has voluntarily adopted the requirements of Processing of Patient Personal Data. A copy of the Processing of Patient Personal Data, A Guideline for General Practitioners can be downloaded from http://www.icgp.ie/data
Our Payment Policy
Please note that it is Practice Policy that all consultations must be paid for in full on the date of your visit, unless you have a VALID Medical/Doctor Visit Card, or are visiting the country and have a valid ECHI Card (E111)
Practice Policies: Respect and Unacceptable Behaviour
- We are committed to treating all patients in a courteous, consistent and professional manner. We aim to have a Mutually fair and respectful relationship with our patients, and to provide equality of service to all.
- We operate a NO TOLERANCE policy regarding ABUSIVE or AGGRESSIVE behaviour towards ANY member of our staff or patients. Safety is of paramount importance, and any person displaying abusive behaviour will be asked to leave the practice.
Your Test Results
Please provide a mobile telephone to the nurse or doctor when you are having tests carried out. We aim to send a message to you via text about the results of tests. However, please note that it is the responsibility of the patient to follow up on all lab results if you have not heard from us.
It is essential that you cancel your appointment if you are unable to keep the appointment. Evan at short notice, we can usually allocate your appointment to someone else. Failure to cancel your appointment may result in the payment of a fee.
Comments, Suggestions and Complaints
We value feedback from our patients, and welcome your comments and suggestions. Please put these in writing and mark for the attention of Dr James Ryan. If you wish to see our Complaints Policy, please view it here: Complaints Policy